Saturday, January 4, 2014

The Waiting Game

The waiting game . . . one that I am pretty good with until it involves my son halfway around the world.  We are still waiting on the court process.  We have been in court for 6 months, 2 weeks, 4 days, and 13 hours, but who's counting?!?

A few weeks ago we were able to get in contact with an adoptive parent staying in the Congo that visited Camden's orphanage.  The adoptive parent shared heart-warming information about him that I will share at a later time.  They also have pictures of him that they will share with me when they return home.  I can't wait to see him in candid pictures!

We also received a picture of all the children at the orphanage with Christmas gifts.  A family that adopted 2 children from Camden's orphanage wanted to do something special for the children left behind.  Their church collected toys/clothes/supplies and shipped the gifts to all the children.  It was neat to see the older boys receiving Upward basketballs.  I was thankful that Camden received something special during Christmas.  I pray that it was his last Christmas without a family!  :) 

I am so thankful for the little things along this adoption journey that helps this mama's heart.  The process in Congo is so different than China that I have been guarded with my feelings toward Camden.  He is not legally ours until we pass court so anything can still happen.  I see his picture and talk about him every day but try not to think too much about his situation.

Well, about 2 months ago through prayer and Bible study, I realized that I have to love him unconditionally NOW and fight for him NOW no matter the outcome of our adoption.  I cannot allow the fear of possibly losing him to steal my joy in this adoption journey.  The Lord is teaching and showing me so much about being a child of HIS through this journey that I don't want to miss a thing.  I love Camden as only a mother can love a child and I have never met him before.  I dream about what his life will be like in our "little" family.  I pray for him to have a personal relationship with Christ one day as I do my other children.  I cry myself to sleep some nights thinking that he doesn't know he has a family in TN that can't wait for him to be home.  (and hundreds of family and friends) 

I know the Lord is doing a work in his heart and ours through this process.  We know He is in charge of all things DR Congo adoption.  "Know that the Lord is God.  It is He who made us, and we are His, we are His people, the sheep of His pasture."  Psalm 100:3

Timeline:
Court Process - still waiting (remember 6 months, 2 weeks, 4 days, and 13 hours lol)
CONA - 30 day wait period
1600 document - 3 - 6 weeks
US Investigation of orphan status - 3 - 6 months
Visas - 2 weeks
Travel (in-country) - 3 - 6 weeks              

No comments: